Articles Index/Poisons
Posted 03/20/01

Mushroom Ingestion Can Prove Fatal to Dogs

Although the vast majority of mushrooms are harmless, there have been several reports lately of dogs made violently ill, and even killed, by their ingestion. One of the most lethal is the Amanita or "Death Angel" which is a pure white, skirted mushroom. When breeders sell puppies it's a good idea to include a warning to buyers about the importance of monitoring what their new Norfolks ingest when out in the yard or on walks with the family. Including a list of plants that are toxic to animals along with registration information and whatever else you send home in a "puppy packet" may help save a dog's life.

Further information on plants that may be toxic to dogs can be found in the Articles Index at ANTA's web page

ANTIC, December, 2000


Back to Articles Index
Back to Home Page


Copyright © 2001 by ANTA. All rights reserved